Experience Artist (Event Manager)
We’re looking for an Experience Artist (Event manager) to manage client portfolios, develop and manage out True North Craft Beer & music Festival across various regional cities in Canada and work with us on developing new and exciting business opportunities. But most of all. we’re looking for someone who’s awesome to work with and enjoys nothin’ but good times!
See this? This is what you could be creating… Not to shabby eh?
Tusq Events is an experience art company that specializes in corporate social events, festivals and pop ups. We build events from the ground up designing, building and executing every aspect of event management in-house. Our events typically range from 1000 – 3000+ people and are known as for their fully immersive qualities. Past events have included a summer picnic in a warehouse, A space opera complete with opera singing aliens and storm troopers in suits, and a Custom Christmas Market for local construction company. We own and manage The True North Craft Beer Festival and various pop-up events across Hamilton and the GTA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build unique and creative event concepts from the ground up
- Easily communicate and adjust concepts to match clients feedback.
- Design, plan, manage and execute concepts under a set budget and timeframe
- Create style & concept boards
Manage and oversee all aspects of pre-production including:
- Vendor & Venue sourcing and management
- Food & drink menu creation. (Yes this means tasting epic food and creating amazing cocktails)
- Staff scheduling
- Event schedule management
- Manage and oversee all aspects of day of production including:
- Vendor management
- Show calling
- Design and run social media campaigns for festivals and public events
- Ground local promotion
- Meet set ticket sales and sponsorship targets
- Design custom Installations and interactions
What You need
Sure… We’ve got some requirements you need for this job, but honestly if you’re an energetic self learner who believe’s they’ve got what it takes without the pieces of paper to back em up, send through your stuff, we want to hear from ya.
2 Years in any of the following fields (inc. Internships):
- Festival management
- Set Design
- Corporate event management
- Wedding design (in addition to planning)
- Creative project management
- Interior or industrial design and project management
University Degree or college diploma in related field desirable
- Adobe Products (Indesign, Pdf Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Creative Writing / Blogging
- Social Media Advertising
- Knowledge of WordPress cms a plus
- Strength under pressure
- Clear Communicator
- Abstract thinker
- Self learner / Enjoys being thrown into the deep end
Remote position for the right application with on-site in hamilton required minimum 1 day a week.
- $18.50+ p/h depending on experience
- Min 3 weeks paid vacation
- General Manager growth potential
- Frequent access to Car Required
- Initial Contract: June 6th – December 31st, Possibility of permanent position after December.
Location: 20 Lloyd Street, Hamilton, Ontario. 3-4 days remote work days possible for the right applicant.
Drop us a line! Be sure to upload you resume and include a photo of you at some epic event (Jays game? Concert? Grandma’s Birthday?) if you would!